Friday, July 1, 2011

Visions on Front St.

I come to work each day from Union Station to Wellington and Yonge. This provides me unique opportunities each day for a wide variety of street scene photography.

Lets start by going past the BCE place. As most of you know this is an impressive building but I have photographed it so many times, I was looking for something different. I spotted this fellow a couple of days ago and as we are all creatures of habit, he was back having a coffee and a read of his paper.



One of the unique things that happens every spring throughout the summer is the arrival of the motorbike. Lots of different colours and styles.





So every few weeks, the galleria has something to display such as the world press photos or Luminato. This display was part of the Luminato event. Generally the events consists of dozens of displays around downtown Toronto that you have a hard time figuring out. This display looked like snow with icicles. What do you see?






See, even this couple can't figure it out!



As I walked out of the building I noticed the step up of the glasses at the new restaurant beside the Spirt of Hockey store.


A must is the sculpture outside the Hockey Hall of Fame


Outside BCE I noticed these folks that were waiting for a tour bus.



Moving along, I can't resist a great bike shot.




Lunch time is a great time to get out and just observe people. People texting...



People reading.....or at least noticing the photographer



..... Having lunch at one of the many patios.....


Or just having a coffee

Or how about a beverage?


I have been thinking about abstract shots lately and I have found that reflections in cars are an excellent source of design


There are so many nooks and crannies in the downtown core. This is a shot of a water feature that was down a lane way patio. 



 All of these pictures were taken with a Cannon G12 that I carry all the time with me. I find that I can get 80% of what my D90 with my zoom gets me so its been a very worthwhile purchase.




1 comment:

bobjb said...

Randy
Good eye. The street offers up an endless variety of photo opportunities. Keep up the great blogs.