Friday, July 29, 2011

Misty morning in Durham

So off we go at 5:15 am Saturday July 23rd but where to go? How about Enniskillen? So we headed along Taunton to Scugog Rd in Hampton and wouldn't you know it, the mist was hovering over the hay roles and the sun was just coming up. Hallelujah!


And we had clouds too! I was amazed at how hard this type of photography is. You don't know if the focus is correct due to the haze. (your live view won't help here).


I think these worked out OK. I don't really have the depth that my eye saw but I think the above are acceptable.

Now the sun is getting pretty strong and you had to look out for lens flare.




The old adage, "look behind you" comes into play for the next shot. Well, look beside you anyway. I really like the barn in sepia.


Now for a real surprise for us. We scooted down 57 and actually passed by this ranch. We turned it around and the back lighting was magnificent.


The below picture is giving me some real angst. It is a bit soft but I think it works. I will be flipping it and cropping it later. Do you think it works? Please click on it and see the larger picture.


Nothing like a posing horse to make my day.


That's it. Not a lot of pictures but I think they were nice.

No comments: